Comment: CANNING STOCK ROUTE (SOUTHERN END) REPORT MAY 2012

Thanks for your notes, and clarifications about the exit route into Newman.

I'm interested in your tyre pressures. Are you saying that at one point along the track, the drivers chose between 25psi and 55psi in their tyres, or are you saying that at various points along the track you all changed your tyres pressures to suit the conditions, load etc and changed them from 25psi to 55psi? The way I was reading it, is that some drivers kept their pressures at 55psi, and others, such as you, dropped to 25psi, and despite this pressure, you too got bogged.

I'm interested in the decision making that goes into the choice of tyre pressures, and how your group came to vary so much. Was it because they didn't have a compressor, or that the conditions changed so frequently they didn't bother dropping pressures for a short dune crossing, or because they didn't believe it would make a difference, or that they were so heavily loaded that they needed to keep high air pressure in order to protect the tyre sidewalls - or there may be some other reason.

The only reason I'm asking is that I'm planning a trip in that region for next year, and will include a section of the CSR north to south, and am trying to get my head around what I need to be prepared for.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links